Friday, March 21, 2008

The Wonder in Golden Shower Tree Sapling


I transplanted a six months old sapling of
Golden shower tree. But its tap root tip had been 'left out' in the earth when it was dug out. It shriveled up in two days.
I persevered with transplanting: another sapling was transplanted (with the tap root intact) on the same spot again. The leaves of this sapling also dried down as happened before and fell off leaving a stick-like stem. But I didn't lose hope. I watered it on and on though I didn't see any change in it. Later I came to a conclusion that this too has become a failure. But I still watered it. On one day I saw the 'stick' to bear tiny greenish buds of tender leaves - after a month! I wondered about the Nature's in-built avidity to survive in this tree.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...