Friday, June 26, 2009

Cut Coral tree grows!



If you sow a seed, water and see tiny plant coming out, you get limitless bliss and pat yourself having done a wonderful job – as a child and also as an adult. You could also have imagined a tree coming out of a seed, as I did! Yes, I saw my tree in three years, as I imagined:




It was in full bloom and its flowers appeared like ’flames in the forest.” My tree is The Indian Coral Tree (Erythrina variegata, ‘Mul Murungai’ or ‘Sudukaai Maram’ in Tamil). But one day in its third year of bloom its canopy was cut down – for its growing up towards the sky (!), to avoid its touching the overhead electric lines:




I felt so sad about it for about two months till I saw tender leaves coming out of the stump:




You see here as it appears now:



I hope to see the wonderful reddish bloom once again on it in a year. Let us see!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...